08 October 2008

Understandable

I feel like a broken record....so I am not going to apologize for not blogging in a while, BUT I WILL explain.

FIRST we MOVED TO PROVO!  After weeks of hellish landlords and sticky carpets we found (THANKS BETHANY-we are now making it up to her by cooking for her) A GREAT APARTMENT.  It is just a few blocks directly south of campus in a great neighborhood.  The exterior may remind Megs of West Side Story, but the inside is nice.  Our landlord is a hoot.  You can always hear him coming.  He whistles primary hymns everywhere he goes. 

Packing was a ROYAL PAIN IN THE....you know, but we made it.  After about three broken bodies we finally got everything in last week.

IMAGE_094

We have spent our remaining time hooking up the wireless, unpacking, trying to find jobs, studying, cleaning, trying to find jobs, studying, and trying to find jobs.  OH... and cooking!

Apparently Provo has been good for us thus far.  We have time to cook!  Last week I made a ham, cheese, and broccoli frittata, and soda bread.  We have also made Chicken Cheese soup and Doritos Chicken Fingers.  BUT, best of all was our VICTORY during SHAKE OFF 2008!  Couples had to get together and make the best shake/smoothie they could.  We made a STRAWBERRY CHEESECAKE shake....AND WON!  Yup, the only "marrieds" at the shin-dig and we took FIRST PRIZE.  Are you surprised?...Answer responsibly.

IMAGE_098 IMAGE_097

Tonight we had people over to enjoy our first attempt at the Chicken Cheese Soup and watched VANTAGE POINT!  This movie was AWESOME!  Intense from the beginning and I definitely recommend it.  Our next movie is SWEENEY TODD.....on the ClearPlay of course!  I think we may make spaghetti.  It is reminiscent of guts, right?

Now I can say that I am caught up......whitiness to come later.

6 comments:

Ousizch said...

I Got You Babe!, Your blog is very nice and you had good content!
Stayed to built a blog that was useful for visitor and always thought to publish content that was great. Heeee, just support you…………………

Hope u have a great day!

From: Ousizch
http://www.ecpassistant.blogspot.com

Cherie said...

Trent and I went and saw that movie opening night (Vantage Point) so the theater was full. Everytime it started over there was a louder and louder groan throughout the theater. It was pretty funny. I wish there was a better way to have done the movie without showing the same stuff 8 times! It was original but I don't think I could sit through it again :( Glad you guys are getting settled in, we like to know that you are doing well and can't wait to see you guys soon!

Ben said...

Your apartment looks really cute! I am so glad you were able to find a place close to campus! We hope all is well for you guys and the little one (:
Lots of love,
The Hoeksels

Ps. When you're a Jet, you're a Jet all the way...from your first cigarette, to your last dyin' day... (:

Bethany said...

its about stinkin time. i feel like i could almost cut and paste some of these events on over to my blog...but i wont for a few reasons. #1, i didnt win the shake off. (dang you) #2, I have not been cooking. #3, even though I am at your house often, I do not live there. Let the good times roll.
ps...why didnt you mention the child?

Krista Que said...

what the frick??! You start cooking now that I don't see you everyday. I suppose you are depressed from not getting schticked with one liners everyday, but you'll adapt. I'm sure I can teach some sucker down there how to harass you with zingers daily, but don't hold your breath, and neither will I awaiting a dinner invitation. Megs, you still owe me one viewing of Made of Honor, which could be exchanged for watching the complete A&E series of Pride and Prejudice. The ball is in your court.

Unknown said...

Hey, that soda bread looks good! You're such a domestic G-dawg!