30 October 2008

OH Unisom, your' re the ONE. You make bedtime lots of FUN!

Okay, so here's the skinny.  For the past five days I have had some kind of WICKED flu.  It started Saturday and has been in full swing ever since. (OH with the exception of Monday and Tuesday night when it thought it would play this CRUEL trick by saying, "Oh, you feel better.  Go and do and be excited that you feel better."  THEN WHAM!, those nights I was humbled,  humbled HARD.  BUT I did take advantage of a great Monday night with our cousins, Drew and Mary Martha (isn't that a fantastic Southern Belle name?  She is from Louisiana and is the perfect Southern Belle and I love it!). Thanks Drew and Mary Martha!)

ANYWHO, I have been in some intense pain.  Most of the time my brains feels as if gnomes (picturing high pitched evil cackle laughs) are attempting to DRILL OUT from the inside.  To my amazing benefit I have had an outstanding pregnant nurse.  Megs has been great!: making my Theraflu (which I LOVE), lifting up my head to eat/drink, nabbing anything I need, telling me she is going to wash EVERYTHING I have touched, washing her hands and popping Vitamin C on a regular schedule, and cheering me on.  Once again, I LOVE YOU MEGS!

The worst part of the ordeal has been how this flu has invaded my most precious commodity: my ability to sleep through ANYTHING!  I have really never had problems with my sleep and, being said, I am quite selfish about it (I know, I know, When the baby comes.....) I like my sleep and it has been interrupted and I am ornery. 

Last night was the final straw, I was going to fight back.  AND I DID!  UNISOM! When Megs and I laid in bed we talked, laughed, philosophized like we normally do for about ten minutes....then I was OUT!  The next memory I had was at NINE O'CLOCK this morning.  I didn't want to get up.  If there was an award for marathon sleeping, I would have attempted it. I feel FANTASTIC this morning, SO I sing:

"OH, UNISOM you're the ONE!  You make bedtime lots of FUN!  OH UNISOM I'm awfully fond of YOU!

Woo woo be doo

OH UNISOM, joys of JOYS. When I take you, I don't make NOISE.  OH UNISOM, you're my best friend, it's true!

Doo doo doo doo, doo doo

P.S. BOTH Megs and I got JOBS!  Megs starts TODAY as a substitute teacher!  She is going to do an amazing job!  I got the job in accounts receivable for a great company in Provo.  HOLLA!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay to the jobs.

Yay to the sleep.

Yay to the song- I swear you're related to Shelley by blood and not marriage only.

Mary Martha said...

Get well soon! Greg, you got a job?!?! That is awesome. As of a couple nights ago you had no clue about it it seemed. I loved seeing your cute place. It's adoreable.

LynnJrClan said...

Good luck with the jobs, and I prefer ambien :)

Bethany said...

you've been healed!! after seeing the 80 year old man bit, i told myself i would NOT catch that. i'm glad meg survived! and YAY for jobs!!!! does this mean i will not be seeing you as much?? (maybe take back the yay...)

Danelle and Alex said...

I am with you on the unisom. It is heaven sent!!