15 October 2008

BYU is not LDSBC

I have been in classes at BYU-Provo for about a month and a half now.....NOTHING!  Do you remember my days at LDSBC?  They were GREAT!  I met some kind of crazy EVERY DAY!  BYU is full of intellectual, grounded, and normal people......Okay so not THAT normal, but they are not the LDSBC clan. 

I will say one thing about campus....I am SO glad that I am married.  MEGAN I LOVE YOU!  Have you ever seen those animal planet (OR even better PLANET EARTH) shows that talk about how animals attempt to attract a mate... The mating rituals, songs, and dances that flood BYU are overwhelming.  The stupid things that I have heard guys say and seen girls do make me queasy.  The even better part is how you announce to the campus that you are taken.  If you are dating you must AT ALL TIMES hold hands!  NO QUESTIONS ASKED!  This secures your territorial rights. It says to the rest of campus, "we are devoted to each other.  I am a dedicated, responsible, and loving individual that you should have dated when you had the chance, BUT you are still welcome to call me and see for yourself if this doesn't work out...."  I AM BEING SERIOUS!

HOWEVER, even with the madness I am loving this place!  Things are going great and we are having a lot of fun.  I double dog dare you to come visit us!

3 comments:

Bethany said...

you think you can mock because you are married? just wait till i have someone and we come over...i will make sure to hold hands THE WHOLE TIME...skipbo and all. just kidding, we all know thats ridiculous...

Unknown said...

Ahhh, I do love BYU but I do NOT miss that part of it. I felt like I was last place in a beauty pageant every day. Be happy you have that special band on your left hand.

Meags said...

wow ... time for some catch up here! i have been slacking in my comment leaving. #1 CONGRATS on your news of your little baby girl! she is going to be darling! i am stoked for y'all! #2 Meg - i am obsessed with JnK+8 too! i got addicted in Ohio when i had nothing to do but watch TV:) #3 Greg - has anyone ever told you how hilarious you are!? i love your posts and pretty much agree with everything you say! especially about zoobieville. i am proud to say that i am glad i am MARRIED too! i can't imagine still dating!
now that i have written you a novel, i am glad to see that you are both still surviving the p-town lifestyle! i hope your apartment has come "together" in a way you are able to enjoy it ... and i take on your double dog dare to come visit you ... again ... SOON!