23 June 2010

Paternal Awesomeness

So, Father’s Day . . . AWESOME!  Wanna know why?

The Breakdown:

The day was started with a little French Toast con milk.  Emmalee and I shared while watching a little MoMo (aka, Finding Nemo).  We got ready and then off to my parents for lunch.  We gifted it up and then we churched it up and went to Brooke and Dan’s (I WOULD have inserted a link to Brooke’s blog here, but then again she went “private” and stopped blogging . . .Guilt trip? Yes.) for little baby Eden’s blessing.  We then did dinner at Meg’s parent’s house.  Here, Meg convinced me to take a little fifteen minute sabbatical from Lent (FYI, this was the FIRST and ONLY!) and had me try half of each cupcake (chocolate chocolate, coconut, and lemonade cupcakes . . . it was worth it!), but don’t tell anyone.  Went home and ended the night with a great summer evening stroll with my two favorite ladies.  Awesome.

The Gifts:

So, my wife ROCKS and showered me (we “talked” about limits, but apparently she was deaf then) with awesomeness!  In response to my earlier post entitled Mein Kampf, my wife retaliated with THESE!:

IMG_2773

These are great books that help you in the “real” world of food. You know, when you are in line at Wendy’s, what you should REALLY pick over what you THINK is bad.  (You would be shocked with a few of the things we have read.  In a few cases, chicken is NOT the best way to go.)

AND THIS!

IMG_2775

That’s right, Rocco Dispirito’s awesome cookbook!  He has revamped come of our favorite recipes and made them calorically manageable!  FOR EXAMPLE!

IMG_2776 

Figure friendly BBQ RIBS!

AND . . .

IMG_2777

General Tso’s Chicken!  I officially approve of this one!

AND . . . be excited! . . .

IMG_2780

Jalapeno Poppers!  I’m gettin’ all goose fleshy just THINKING about them!

FINALLY . . . drum roll please . . .

IMG_2781

CHOCOLATE BROWNIES!!!  Check out the stats on these:

IMG_2782

If you are nice, maybe you will be the recipient of many of these recipes.

In additional to the above awesomeness, my wife also showered me with this:

IMG_2783

A WONDERFUL Daddy and ME book that may or may not have made me cry.

and finally THIS gem that I CANNOT wait for!:

IMG_2784

St. George getaway vacation!  (My wife . . .she settles for nothing less that great deals.)

All-in-all, an OUTSTANDING Father’s Day.  I am such a lucky and blessed man to have my wonderful and breathtaking wife and adorable baby girl.  I could not a happier dad.

2 comments:

Shiv said...

I'm nice. Can I have some brownies, please?!?

I love those "Eat this, not that" books. I have a couple of them and they really help with some pretty simple substitutions.

ps. You're a great dad! Little Emmalee is super lucky to have you. Your gifts are all well-deserved!

Lamb said...

You are an awesome dad! I can't believe how great you are sometimes at everything... and now you are skinny, too. (not that you were really big to begin with, my friend, but I could snap you like a twig now skinny-minnie!)