18 June 2010

Curd Connoisseur

I enjoy me some cottage cheese . . .and have all my life.  I like my cottage cheese in many ways:

  • Straight up
  • with Salt and Pepper
  • On my salad with ranch dressing, cheddar, ham, croutons, vinegar, and pepper
  • in my lasagna
  • with chips (preferably BBQ kettle chips)
  • as a midnight snack
  • and (as my wife just discovered) with dill

I do not:

  • eat my cottage cheese with fruit . . .

So, where am I getting with this?  I have something to say and I am going to say it to my good friend:

kroger cottage cheese

Kroger Cottage Cheese

Now, Kroger low-fat and I have been pals for years; HOWEVER, I may have to play the fair-weather card because he has some real competition coming his way.  Let me introduce you to:

great value cottage 

Great Value!

That’s right, good old GV, Great Value, aka WALMART brand Cottage Cheese!  This crap is GOOD (why is it that NAME brand can’t hold a cottage cheese candle to GENERIC brand?  Don’t know, don’t care).   

So Kroger, you need to step up your game or you’re out!  I’m not afraid to do it.

Oh and GV, don’t be lookin’ all cool.  One mis-step and you’re TOAST!

. . . I like my cottage cheese.

6 comments:

Chelsea and Spencer said...

Umm, as the child of two Kroger employees, I don't know if we can still be friends. Sorry Greg...we don't do Wal-Mart for ANY reason.

Shiv said...

My favorite way to eat cottage cheese... is with fruit. Especially pears.

I won't knock your choices if you don't knock mine.

Same thing goes for not eating peanut butter and chocolate together. I'm just leaving more for you to enjoy :)

So, let's just agree to disagree and we can still be friends and call it good!

Danelle and Alex said...

I know!!!! I love GV cottage cheese! Its the only one we get. I dont know why its so much better than the rest. In fact when I started reading your post I was thinking I had to tell you how good GV is. I'm glad you figured it out. Way better for sure!!

Bethany said...

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Kristen said...

I use tons of GV products. Thank goodness they are good so I can afford to feed the masses at my house. I thought your post was going to be about the Lime curd in those delicious Lemon cupcakes yesterday. Aunt Shelly and Megan did a great job and my mouth waters thinking about that lemon cupcake. YUMMM!

Jen said...

i am totally with you! I LOVE cottage cheese. Especially with chips which my husband finds insane. I do like it with apples though too! PS. if you think GV cottage cheese is good you should try kirkland. hands down the best I have ever tasted. And trust me I have tasted it all. I make a special trip there every two weeks even though I HATE going into provo/orem... give it a go sometime! you wont be sorry!