05 June 2010

Mercredi Gras

For you non-French speakers, that translates to FAT WEDNESDAY!Mercredi GrasYou heard it here first, I am starting yet ANOTHER round of L.E.N.T.; however, I began my celebratory eating on Wednesday, it puttered around throughout Thursday, and finally my pious period began and I ashed myself on Friday. THUS, I am in full-blown lenting.

Lent \’lent\: : the 40 weekdays from Ash Wednesday to Easter observed by the Roman Catholic, Eastern, and some Protestant churches . . . and Greg . . . as a period of penitence and fasting

Now, my Lent only includes sweets, added refined sugar, sodas/non-all-natural juices, and white breads/pastas/rice, but it is Lent none the less.  It is a great excuse to kick SKINNY 2010, Phase II, into place.

So, there you have it and YOU are going to help hold me to it!  I have already turned down Pineapple Dole Whips, world-famous cupcakes, as well as M&Ms and chocolate grahams (for those of you who really know me, turning down M&Ms is a big accomplishment).

Oh, and I forgot, I am FORMALLY asking you to JOIN me!  But only if you are not too scared. . . Let me know if you are in.

Official LENT Rules:

  • Begin TODAY (or whenever you FIRST read this) and goes through FRIDAY, July 16, 2010 (This will be our Phase II’s GOOD FRIDAY). 
  • Culinary Celebrations of Accomplishment begin no sooner than SATURDAY, July 17, 2010.
  • LENT restrictions include, but are not limited to:
    • No “sweets”
      • i.e., cakes, cookies, candies, puddings, other confectionaries, and icings.
    • No Sodas/Non-ALL NATURAL juices
      • this includes NO diet drinks or sports drinks
      • only ALL NATURAL juices allowed
    • No white bread/pasta/rice
      • only 100% whole grains
    • . . . Go ahead an alter SLIGHTLY any of the above “restrictions” as to get you to join!

3 comments:

Lamb said...

I am a little behind on my blog reading... after that nasty note I sent you... oopsie! Anyway, I am doing this with you as of tomorrow... sooo not really that long since it ends June 16th, but I am excited! Talk to you soon!

Shannon said...

Well. I'm going to take the: "I'm pregnant and emotional so I cannot cut sweets out of my life." But after this baby is born I'll totally do this! Good luck, crazy man.

Cheryl said...

You are on your own sucka!!! I'm going to start the "eat what I want (hopefully in moderation) and work out 5 days a week" diet when the baby is 4 weeks old. Wish each other luck cause I have tried your diet before and it only lasts minutes each time. I'm just too weak!