10 June 2010

I HAVE A DREAM . . .

DREAM

. . . about once every 3-6 months that is so terribly vivid and real than I wake up in sweat and with a racing heart.  This morning was just such a morning.

Specifically, I have been having dream that includes THIS individual:

trex

I am being SERIOUS!  I dream that I am with my family in some foreign city during a big city-wide celebration.  Thousands of people are outside and awaiting a big announcement . . . Then it HAPPENS!  We hear a thumping in the distance that gets louder and louder until the T-Rex appears and all hell breaks loose!  People are screaming and running everywhere.  I panic and try to get my family together, but we get separated.  No matter where I go, the T-Rex follows.  I find cover for a bit and wait in silence . . . THEN HE STRIKES!

TREX and Greg

And OF COURSE, I can’t run fast in this dream so I have to jump over obstacles to confuse him.  Then it all comes to an end just before I get attacked . . . when I wake up.  I look over at my wife and kiss her and check on my baby.  Take about 10 minutes to recompose myself and go back to sleep hoping it does not happen again. (That’s the one benefit of being me, I can sleep or go BACK to sleep after almost anything.)

So, I HAVE A DREAM NIGHTMARE, and it blows!

6 comments:

The Walkers said...

Oh my. Sounds horrible. I have a recurring bad dream about Vikings. I'll spare you the details. I loved the Little Lady updates. Megan must love Emmalee more to be willing to post about her birthday :)

Bethany said...

oh good golly. that sounds horrible. i had to laugh at the picture of you running from t rex....i could just see you giggling to yourself as you put that one together. i'm calling your wife to plan a play date...which means catching up on glee at your house.

Steph said...

I think I just peed my pants. You have missed your calling in life. You need to be a writer for Late Night television. The pics alone made me giggle like a school girl. Seriously- call Leno.

Andrew said...

LOL that is all I can say LOL

Jen said...

i totally have a recurring nightmare too...only ms. Hannigan (from Annie) sp? is after me and there is always a lake of pee in the orphanage that I am forced to swim/body surf through. don't ask...

Shiv said...

I love the pictures you used to illustrate your dream, uh, nightmare. I couldn't use pictures to illustrate my recurring dream, uh nightmare! It would be way too graphic!!

I agree with Steph - you need to be a late night writer!