03 February 2009

Indulgent

As if you didn't already know, MY WIFE IS HAVING A BABY! . . . in four and one half weeks!  (Well, MAYBE in as little as a week and a half . . . just sayin')

Anyway, Megs has had quite a few of the pregnancy norms: her back hurts, her tummy got big (but just a little), and her hair grows like a weed, a very pretty weed.  She has even gone through her phases of foods she has liked and foods that she just can't stand, BUT what she really hasn't done is have RANDOM LATE NIGHT CRAVINGS.  She will talk about foods that sound good at night, but then her logic steps in and she always says, "No, I don't need that."  Even though I am completely dead to the world when I sleep/get tired, I was kinda looking forward to this aspect.  It's endearing, you know.

UNTIL LAST NIGHT!  For a good few hours last night Megs was wanting her a doughnut.  AND, not just ANY doughnut.  THIS DOUGHNUT:M-0148

doughnut

Double chocolate CAKE DOUGHNUTS!  You know, just like the ones that you get at the gas station.   I also love these doughnuts.  They remind me of my paper route in junior high when my mom would pick me up at about 5:45am when I finished and take me to the Chevron to get one. 

Well, we indulged and we GOT EM!  Last night at about 11:45, we drove ourselves to the 7-11, filled up on gas (hopefully this doesn't diminish the Late Night Craving tradition by making it a logical outing), and bought two doughnuts from (I'm not racist, just pointing out the facts) a man from India that sounded just like Apu from The Simpson's.  We even got TWO FOR ONE!  Then we drove home and chased them down with glasses of milk. 

This was a good night.  The baby can now OFFICIALLY COME ON OUT!

p.s. I am sitting in a commons area at school DIRECTLY next to an engaged couple that are speaking face-to-face, literally 8 inches from each other.  I almost vomited during this writing of this post.

6 comments:

Bethany said...

YAY!!! i was going to stop by on my way home from work and buy a whole dozen at costco...just because. :)
and the "abu" that you speak of is Raj. he's my bud. you just wait till we go to 7-11....i'll tell you guys about it later, but you will love it.
doughnuts for life. come little baby, so i can turn on the heat. :)

Bethany said...

ps....sorry about the engaged couple, but can you blame them for being so in love? insert barf or slimy spit while jogging *here*.

and i just love seeing your facebook status on the sidebar!! (that one's for you megs...)

Unknown said...

I love those doughnuts. A chocolate doughnut cost me $300. :( I hang my head in shame.

By the way- it's Apu, not Abu (that's the monkey from Aladdin).

Jen said...

Holy cow I craved those exact doughnuts my whole pregnancy! I still crave them and when the dr made me try eating wheat that was the only thing I wanted to eat! Utah valley hospital has the best ones ever at their cafe! Mmm...

Krista Que said...

Damn you and damn all the doughnuts! Now I want one and I am nowhere near a 7-11. (Megs, can you find the hidden FRIENDS line?)

P.S.The baby's not here yet, I can still swear.

Anonymous said...

Wait, ya'll are pregnant!? Like, REALLY pregnant? How did I miss this! Goodness, CONGRATS! A very (VERY!) belated CONGRATS!

Can't wait to see pics of the bebe!

xox