27 January 2009

Uncontrollable

Do you have those foods in life that you seem to have little to NO control over when it comes to your consumption of?  You know, those foods that seem to just go down so easy that if you didn't have that "uh oh" inner voice speak up after a socially disturbing amount eaten that you just may partake until you slip slowly into an indulgent coma?  Those foods that make you feel so good that you justify your previous attempts to control yourself?  It's almost as if they are outside of your realizable realm of personal responsibility.

I do.

Let me introduce you to three of my top "uncontrollables"

chips #1 - Now I like most corn chips, BUT Santitas White Corn Chips take the corn chip cake for me.  My favorite part is the CRUNCH.  Sometimes, I hate it when there is a delay from the end of one chip to the beginning of the next.  That's when I eat about two or three more and "uh oh."

#2 -yoyo YOGURT!  Specifically Strawberry and Peach.  It has a natural way of going down, but only after squishing it around in my teeth, that makes all right with the world.  I would consume this for dessert DAILY if I could.  We now purchase this by the pint . . . just for me.  Megs gets her own smalls.  Then, almost every week, Megs comes up to me, just a day or so after we have purchased it, and says, "Where did all the yogurt go?" . . . "Uh oh."

peanut mnm#3 - And finally, the BIG-UN!  PEANUT M&M's . . .  My addiction has evolved to the point that I have now given "the heads up" to most family/friends.  It seems to be the combo of crunchy and chocolate that just does me in.  If unsupervised, I could devour an entire jumbo bag without even so much of a cautious thought.  This one is definitely beyond the "uh oh" stage of consciousness.

So there you have it, my weaknesses. . . {Insert your validating comment here.}

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey, at least they're kind of healthy- yogurt is good for you, corn chips- hey, corn is a veggie, peanut M&M's- peanuts are nuts, good protein.

Just trying to take some of that "uh-oh" out of your addictions.

Cheryl said...

tortilla chips and yogurt doesnt count!!!

chocolate chip cookies do!
krispy kreme donuts do!
girl scout cookies do!
bread...any kind does!
truffles do!

....oh wait, these are mine

Steph said...

You are making me hungry...

Bethany said...

what about that nasty 99 cent pizza. you better believe i got one yesterday and ate it...with my feelings.
i need to come over and chat. exciting news. well...really not news, just a night of goodness to share. :)