15 February 2009

Mgmt Core - Section 1

This semester at school all of my classes were added by envelope, which means I have all five classes with the same people, same hour of the day, even same class room all day long.  Aka, Management Core Section 1.

This is nice and all, but can become a little monotonous.  Each day I sit in the same seat, next to the same people, same time of day . . . so on and so on.  I know this is how real work is, but you always expect something different from school.

Anywho, with so much the same I try all I can to either keep me occupied to interested.  The other day brought on these two events.

#1 - The Laptop case vs. The Man bag/purse

Every class has its crazy.  Our sits on the front row and makes awkward comments about most things.  I found myself getting really annoyed with him easily.  He just kinda got under my skin.  SO, I made a plan to find something each day about him that will help me laugh rather than complain.  The other day was THIS:

Image024  This is Stan's (I will name him Stan for good-will maintenance sake) bag.  He bring it everyday with his regulars: books, laptop, snacks that have LOUD wrappers, a powdered drink mix that he makes DURING CLASS, and his NAIL CLIPPERS (pet peeve #, well what-ever number is HIGH UP THERE; clipping finger/toenails in public and letting your clippings just FLY ANYWHERE THEY PLEASE!)  Stan is convinced that this is a ethnic laptop bag, but I beg to differ.  Stan wears a MAN BAG and this makes me laugh.

#2 - OB Egg Drop.

My Organizational Behavior professor is smile-a-mile Bingham.  He has HR written all over him.  Last week we did a team building exercise in which we had ten minute to construct a contraption out of straws and tape that would protect an egg from a twenty foot drop.

OB EggThis is ours.  It looked cool.  We named it  . . . well we didn't name it, but if we would have I would have named it The Eggmeister 3000.

 

 

 

OB Egg DropWe lost.  On the stinkin' first drop.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Internship DeskOh, yeah and my new Marketing Intership desk at ESG.  On top of school, work, and new baby I do market research and strategy for ESG.  AND they allow me to do it for FREE!

 

 

 

. . . .

. . .

I just realized that this is not a cohesive post, but I have invested too much time into it to erase or modify it.  I am sorry.  Just accept me for who I am.

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

I am cringing thinking of him clipping his nails as they fly about.
sick sick sick!

but to be honest i cannot stand people gnawing at their nails and listening to them make noises with their mouth. hence why brad calls me 'super-sonic ears'
ick ick ick

we came from the same breed but i dont think you have the ears that i do. the annoyances seem the same though :)

xoxo

Bethany said...

boys always try to pass off their "cultural mission bags" as acceptable. sorry charlie. not workin.