08 January 2008

"Space is Money"

Alright....this is where I draw the line. We, meaning Greg and I, have been serious slackers at this whole blogging ordeal... AND I think you all deserve to know why! (not that it is anything huge or fantastic! It is just life in general!) Whoever said that "life slows down a bit after engagement" is COMPLETELY wrong! I have never felt so thinly spread and exhausted in my life. I like to think that I am a person who can handle many tasks and responsibilities; but I am quickly learning that there are just some of those tasks that do not mix well with others!

We have had quite the month! Between working, finals, and ALL of the Christmas and New Years hullabaloo, we have also been and are in the process of moving! I say ARE..because I live amongst boxes and boxes of THINGS!!! That brings up a question.....How is it possible for two individuals, whom are only six months married, to have attained SO MUCH STUFF? Has anyone else made this discovery during the tedious task of packing up your lives? Maybe Greg is too much of a perfectionist in his packing technique, but as he boxed and organized he had to make sure that "kitchen things" went with "kitchen things" and "bathroom stuff" went with the other "bathroom stuff". It only makes sense to pack like things in the same box right?! Well... what he ended up with were lots of half-full boxes. So...I had a good go at re-packing Greg's boxes. I couldn't believe what a ninny packer my man was! I mean...come on...I fit 2 of his boxes in 1.

Lesson of the day....While packing...SPACE IS MONEY people!

3 comments:

Jen said...

oh megs! If you think you have a lot of stuff now after just six months wait until it has been a year and a half and you have a child! We moved two weeks before she was born and I couldn't believe how much stuff we had accumulated! And since now our home is bigger we feel the need to stuff more into it...thus the problem only escalates! an endless cycle i tell you. ps. where did you guys move? we need to get together one of these days!

Anonymous said...

So he HAS always been a clean freak!!! Hmmm...haha you know you still love me bro :)

kelly said...

You should let Kelly D. help you pack. Quick and dirty. He just yanks a drawer out and dumps it's entire contents into a box. Then continues till it's full.
I will give him credit for labeling them though, even if he does write things like, "kitchen crap".