29 January 2008

A NEEDED AMENDMENT

My last blog has seemed to have stirred up a couple unneeded emotions, THUS I, the author, am adding an amendment to the recent divulgence of my pet peeve of people "talking too much."

I stand by my comment, but explanation is in order. I DO enjoy speaking to people whom I love and respect regardless of how little or how much they have to say. I love speaking and listening much more than the average Joe. I love learning from others and hearing what they have to say and what they have learned. Specifically, I love speaking and listening with both of my brothers-in-law. My "pet peeve" is introduced when I feel "trapped" by a public speaker into listening to the full measure of what they have to say. I believe a good speaker should be aware of the attentiveness of their audience. If they are drifting off or, in general, have become slightly jaded one should tailor their comments and spice it up or wrap it up. I do not doubt this stems from MY attention deficit, but it is real none the less.

I hope that this has been an informative look into my psyche and any tender feelings from the before mentioned post have been addressed and resolved. Thank you for your time and interest in this matter.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh man that is some good stuff!!! Thanks for summing up how I also feel when you have a speaker that rambles because they like to hear their own voice...You said it brotha :)

Anonymous said...

Hey, Guys! I love the new blog look. Style! Just saying Hi and that I love your blog...(: