10 July 2011

Break the Block

I have blogger’s block . . . I REcommitted to blog, considered a few great posts, sat down to write . . . nothin’.  I need the juices to start flowing.  I need the ideas to translate to the computer.  So, in an attempt to “prime the posting pump” I am presenting you, my dear reader, with my most recent phone photos (one of my favorite pastimes is to take random photos with my phone.  I never know what I am going to do with them, but I still enjoy taking them.)  Sit back, relax, open your mind to randomness, and enjoy!:

ONE GUESS on where this toilet it located! . . .THE CHURCH. I am serious.  What a great way to simply “mark your territory”.

2011-03-20 11.33.25

I went with some co-workers to a Greek restaurant in Sugar House to enjoy my first Shawarma.  I love me some foreign food and enjoyed it thoroughly.  They didn’t.  They said that it was too different from what they remembered, but then again neither one of them served in Greece.  Go figure.

2011-04-07 12.52.04

If Diner’s, Drive-ins, and Dives visited it I guarantee I will love it! (visit Food Network Local to find Food Network approved restaurants around you!) This AWESOME calzone is from the Rusted Sun Pizzeria in SLC.  EAT IT!  I would also recommend Moochie’s Meatballs and Ruth’s Diner. . . I LOVE GOOD FOOD!

2011-04-22 12.56.46

Dear Modern Civilization: This is a picture of the urinal at work.  This is also a picture of the urinal that I was inflicted with a URINAL CONVERSATION at. . . this is a NO GO!  GOT IT!?  I will speak with you once I am socially presentable, washed up, and ready to look you in the eyes.  Allow me my 45 seconds of peace.  Allow me this time . . . conversation free.  Thank you.

2011-05-17 12.36.50

I’m the Cubmaster. (Are you listening to a Akella’s Call? . . . anyway)  I was in charge of arranging this year’s Nature Hike.  It was suggested that I coordinate with a fellow member of the Stake who loves the outdoors and would love to guide the hike.  I wholeheartedly put the lives of all of my Cubscouts, their parents, their siblings, and myself in his able hands.  All until we hiked up the RAGING river to THIS MOTHER FRIGGIN’ BRIDGE! . . . That’s right, a rickety, branch and twine, HANDMADE bridge that crossed the raging water of DEATH inches below . . . I stood in the middle and literally held the young cubscouts and children across.  Mothers were crying, little girls were screaming, and I saw my life pass before my eyes. . .

I have a feeling that I will be released soon . . .

2011-05-26 19.33.38

Our new family obsession:  KEVA JUICE!  Emmalee likes to get her own, got it!?

2011-06-06 20.49.51

A poster of this guy is hanging on Chuck Norris’ bedroom wall.  This may be the BEST sniper-shot I have EVER taken on my cell phone.  I was in line at the bank and purposely stood within his personal bubble just to get him to turn around and look at me.  JUST LOOK AT THE MAJESTY that is his handlebar mustache!

2011-06-30 15.50.23

Truckers for Jesus! I couldn’t have been happier to run into this truck driver while battling traffic the other day (seriously, I almost ran into him trying to get my phone out!) 

2011-06-27 09.25.51

During my lunch break the other day I wandered on down to the Thomasville furniture store below my work.  I took a jaunt around reviewing quality furniture options for my future home.  I came across this virile bookshelf complete with sliding ladder.  This sold, high-end craftsmanship would add a touch of strength, class, and beauty to your home for only . . . wait for it . . . $33,000!  I am in the wrong business.2011-06-27 14.21.42

If the bookshelf is too rich for your furniture blood, you could scale down with this hand-crafted Crane sculpture for only $3,000.  They have something for every budget! . . . If I happen to see this stationed in ANY of your homes be ready to be hit upside the head and then be solicited for a bit of “spare change.”  Some people’s kids . . .

2011-06-27 14.29.01

Though I cannot give you a precise reason why, Smith’s Marketplace is one of my favorite places to be.  It just got EVEN BETTER now with delicious gelato that you can eat while you shop.  If I ever go missing, look for my here.

2011-06-28 19.57.32

Don’t tell Megs, but I am having a little side love affair with peanut butter and chocolate.  I have always defaulted to Reeses until I came across THIS GEM of a treat.  A small scoop of Skippy CRUNCHY PB dipped in a handful of Nestle Semi-Sweet chocolate chips.  Judge me now . . . thank me later!

 2011-06-29 17.27.20

 

One of my new favorite restaurants is SIMPLY THAI in South SLC.  They have amazing Thai cuisine that will leave you smiling the remainder of the day.  While enjoying my lunch the other day we elected to finish things off with dessert . . . Sticky Rice with Mango and Coconut Cream Sauce . . . drooling, drooling.  If you are in the mood for a culturally exciting, mind blowing party in your mouth, call me and we will go!image

2011-07-08 13.55.47

So, every man has to prove himself in varying degrees of life circumstances, right?  I have a friend that insists that every man should have to kill and cook his own food at one point in his life.  I can’t do that crap so I just watch videos of hunting and humane animal slaughter on Youtube, with my eyes half open.  I believe that this fulfills that requirement.  I have also discovered a new manhood test:  Going into the Ward’s basement, standing inches away from this buffalo, looking him directly in his artificial, glass eye, and trying not to collapse and/or cry.  I am getting better.  I’m becoming a man; no, a warrior.

2011-07-01 18.50.39

This was my lunch break the other day.  The only thing that could have made this better? . . . peanut butter and chocolate chips on a spoon.  Welcome to summer!

2011-07-05 13.56.20

There you have it.  Here’s hoping that this Breaks the Block and allows the posting flood gates to open!  I have a few ideas in the works.  You should should be excited.

3 comments:

Katie said...

I'd say that was a pretty entertaining post for having blogger's block... I like the mustache guy the best :)

McKenzie said...

Great. Thank you for making us laugh out loud multiple times. My favorite part was the "I think I'll be released soon" comment. Keep writing! :)

Unknown said...

That was worth 6 months of blogs. AWESOME!!!