18 July 2011

Weekend Warriors

This weekend Megs and I took to the road with Beth and Steve and set our coarse for sunny ST. GEORGE!

2011-07-15 15.42.23We began our ROAD WARRIORHOOD with the best of intentions . . ., but then needed a break about 45 minutes into our journey. (Unfortunately, the idea and hindsight of the road trip ends up being more exciting than actually driving itself.)

We made our first stop at the Red Barn.  That’s right, it’s a red barn in the middle of IMG_7333nowhere that sells random sweets.  Why wouldn’t we stop?

Then OFFICIALLY began the three hour drive.  We laughed, I napped, Steve and Megs talked about and analyzed their favorite songs, we overate extra tart dried cherries and Sun Chips, we pit stopped in Cedar, and then we laughed a little more.

We pulled into St. George and set our priorities . . . we drove straight to Benja’s Thai 2011-07-15 21.10.22Cuisine!  We indulged ourselves on Green Curry much spicier than expected, sushi (even I had a piece), ginger chicken, and spring rolls.  We learned how to appropriately Soy Sauce our food and split our chopsticks from Steve and Beth escaped an early, laugh-induced death.

We checked in Beth’s family Cottage, took a late night stroll through the golf course, laid down on the tee box of hole #9, gazed at the stars for approx. 22 seconds, began screaming as I was hit directly in the face and we were under a foreign attack, took another 3 seconds to realize it was the rainbird sprinklers, ran to safety, laughed so hard I almost vomited, dried off, walked home, talked for hours, then went to bed.

After about three hours of sleep, I took an early-morning journey to pick up our FIRST Bountiful Basket.  It was full of great fruit, veggies, and a couple things I have never seen before.  The morning was full of omelets, fudge from the Red Barn, lounging, more laughing, and a little of the Wii. (If you look extra closely, you will see Steve’s approval of me taking his early-morning head shot.)

The afternoon was full of the pool, sunbathing, a failed attempt at a back dive, more sun, and YES even a trip to go get our feets did. (you’re only judging me if you have never had it done before.  Consider yourself double-dog dared!  It MAY just be the best thing you’ll ever treat yourself to.)

2011-07-16 14.59.31

After another relaxing evening of Brick Oven, A GARBAGE BAG FULL of pebble ice, movies, and more late-night laughter we turned in.

Sunday we lazed it up, watched more movies, cleaned, and prepped for another 4-hour drive home . . . BUT not before I took the scoot for a test drive.

Moral of the story . . . it’s fun to have fun with fun friends in sunny, beautiful weather.

5 comments:

Mary Martha said...

so much fun! looks like a blast. I love that red barn. We made that stop before and had i think a very similar experience. look forward to seeing you at sun valley.

McKenzie said...

Super fun! And I HAVE to know how you did your pictures that way. Please share.

Lamb said...

I LOVE THIS POST! I had SO much fun and the sprinkler story is epic!! I am laughing about it right now... So, two bad photos of me in one blog post! I have a reputation to uphold! Jenny is going to kick me out of the group for crossdressing and flipping the bird! It was so relaxing to just be with amazing friends. My feet will never be the same, I will never look at ice the same and I hope you always snap your chopsticks with the right pazazz! Thanks for the good times and I LOVED getting to know Megs music!! She needs to burn me a CD. PS I will be eating those dried cherries for the rest of my life because I can only eat one a day they are so tart!

Bethany said...

i laughed out loud at work when i read this. i've never been so happy to see a garbage bag full of ice, and never laughed so hard at benjas ever ever. i'm still laughing about chopsticks and soy sauce, and remember when greg touched that budah when we walked in? sick.
next time we will have to better time our trip to the golf course, and maybe get to pizza factory before it closes. just an idea....

Bethany said...

steve, stop whining about the cherries. those cost like 40 dollars.