31 December 2008

mmmmmmmm . . . BURGERS!

I like ghetto food.  I like "man" food.  I like Ma 'n Pop restaurants with the Blue Plate Special food.  I like sandwich food.  I like spicy, flavorful, hearty food.

Wanna know what I don't like?  Fancy food.  Okay, well I don't HATE it, but I don't crave it like some people.  Who wants to go to a "fancy" restaurant and pay RIfancy foodDICULUS prices to only get a fluffy piece of ARTISTIC CRAP on their plate?  COME ON!  I came to eat because I am HUNGRY and you serve me this mess?

Megan likes "fancy" food, but I have also helped to introduce her a wider range of GHETTO food and she is slowly embracing it,  embracing it so much that, not too long ago, SHE took me HERE!

Image000

WELCOME TO FIVE GUYS BURGERS AND FRIES!  I first heard about this through our wedding photographer (and family we blog stalk . . .) the Sansoms.  This is the MAN'S place to eat.  You walk in and immediately to your right is a garbage with peanuts on top.  I wish I had this in my apartment.  It tells me, "WELCOME."Image001

The menu is simple, burgers and fries.  And they ain't no fluffy burgers either; you need to come hungry.  Also, nothing is said by the employees in anything less than a minor shout.  Your food is served in paper bags and wrapped in foil.  All the makings of a great food experience.

Image002Even Megs loved it! 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Sammy's CafeThat same week (in fact the day PREVIOUS) I was bacheloring it up came across this great Provovian diner.

It was AWESOME!  Sammy's Cafe is just a little hole in the wall diner that just may replace the hole in my heart left by the ORIGINAL Carmacks Sammys

(For those of you who know Carmacks KNOW my longing.)  It had the bar stools, small family-run environment, and great food that I needed.  The steak fries and fry sauce were AMAZING!

 

Sammy's casesAND because they are in Provo, they even make their own, hand-designed SCRIPTURE CASES as a side business. 

 

 

 

If you are looking for a great night out with good company, come on down to Provo and we will hit up Sammy's.  Trust me, we know how to have a good time.

5 comments:

Jessica Adams said...

Yes, but does Sammy's have Ironport or spudnuts like Carmacks did? If not they can't really compare THAT much, can they?? ;)

Five Guys is bomb diggity though. I will agree with you wholeheartedly on that one.

Bethany said...

come home and we can all go. please. just come home.

The Littlest Moons said...

Entertaining as usual, for sure i need to try both Sammy's and five guys whatever...Maybe Jared and I need to come relive our glory days back in good old Provo. Are you guys still here in Bountiful, why haven't we hung out!? Man, I am a looser friend. Hope you had a great Christmas, and sorry about Rocky! Tell Megs Hello for me.(" and rub that too cute belly!)

Krista Que said...

I expect to be taken to either place when I come next because let's be honest, I will fly in for food or babies, and babies is a distant second.

Mary Martha said...

Everytime we drive by that place, Andrew makes a comment on how good it must be.