12 August 2009

Just hush up and let me vent, will ya?

Let’s face it; I am pretty much an open book. If you show even the slightest bit of interest in my thoughts/opinions/perceptions/experiences . . . I will tell you. AND NOW, with this blog, I can tell you without even receiving the queue. It’s wonderful. (AND I don’t have to suffer the reciprocated glazed look that says, “Greg, . . .UNCLE!” HEY, but I can take an honest suggestion and shut my mouth.)
So what does my current chapter have to say? . . . Not much really; a little blank and confusing. In fact, the chapter heading probably reads something like “Chillaxin’ at its Slowest” or even “Lost in the Wilderness”. Now this has nothing to do with the fun I have with the wife and babe, just my personal (mostly future professional) journey. I thought by the time I got a semester away from graduation my path would be clearer. It seems that everyone around me has more of a clue than I do. They have internships and future jobs. They have direction and resolve. Me? Not so much.
Now, I consider myself a semi-sharp kinda guy. I consider myself someone with some degree of passion and ability. I find myself to being capable of success. I can do this! No more whining. No more self doubt and pity. No more shallow expectations. Today I AM MAKING MY RESOLVE to quit being a dud, grab opportunity by the horns, and go for it. . . whatever it is. I am going to stop being ashamed when I don’t have a clear answer to “So, what do you want to do when you graduate?” I am going to find that path that brings me joy and latch on. (Now, I appreciate accounting, but JOY?, it is not) I am going to find that journey that brings me personal fulfillment and accomplishment. I am going to find that place in the world that I can make the most positive difference, and do it.
WISH ME LUCK! Send those good vibes my way and don’t make fun of me if I fall.

(Insert Eye of the Tiger music HERE)


Oh yeah, and here’s to better blogging. I read some posts from last year and they were so much better than this ninny crap I have been putting out lately.


2 comments:

Katherine said...

Good luck! Finding a career path is difficult, so don't be TOO hard on yourself. You know, I think you would be a pretty great Job Coach Trainer at the DI... they supervise associates and help them maintain the store while they teach them job and interpersonal skills. It involves a little business, a little teaching, a little craziness, and a little welfare work. You might enjoy it, or something of the like. I can't really picture you in an office by yourself all day. I'm just sayin.

Bethany said...

ninny crap is right.