04 November 2008

Santa, is that YOU?

Halloween is OVER and we are onto bigger and better things: CHRISTMAS! I know you say "NO NO, THANKSGIVING (and Greg's birthday every 7 years) is next." BUT let's be honest, Thanksgiving is merely an appetizer to the Christmas main course. Speaking of, have you ever wondered what Christmas tastes like? I have, and I KNOW! . . . Peppermint Ice Cream and I GOT SOME!

2008-11-04_10

So my motherly mother sent Megs and I a coupon for free Dreyer's Ice Cream! I am not a big ice cream eater and figured it would go unused, UNTIL I made eye contact with Christmas in the freezer isle. Now I have a handful of foods that tell me its Christmas (not to mention movies . . . to be posted later), but this is high on the list. It seems to taste even better when you read the "LIMITED EDITION" or "LIMITED TIME ONLY" on the container.

2008-11-04_11

Just look at the swirled pepperminty goodness. This ice cream only comes out during Christmas and for those of you who have not yet partaken of this joy, GET ON IT!

2008-11-04_13

Even our kitchen gnome loves him some peppermint ice cream. (the kitchen gnome has YET to be named. Submit your suggestions TODAY! We are looking to knight him with his name by Christmas)

So today I say "MERRY CHRISTMAS!"

OH YEAH, and VOTE! vote

7 comments:

Cheryl said...

I'm worried about your gnome and his love affair with the ice cream...or am I afraid that you put him in that position and took a picture and posted it. either one i guess :) xoxo

Cherie said...

I LOVE that picture! Laughed out loud (ohhh LOL now I get it...still hate it when people say that though hmm.) Yes, get out and vote, but only if its for McCain. or an independent. I'm glad we kinda get to keep in touch this way :)

Ben said...

You'd best get some clothing on your naked little statue. That's the kind of thing that people call the police for in Provo.
(:

Bethany said...

really? i guess i'm lucky it was the gnome posed like that and not you....not like we all havent seen it before. i basically laughed my face off with this post, and then was mad that i didnt have a scoop of this last night right in the middle of a warm donut. dang it.

Elizabeth said...

Nebo. That's my suggestion for the name of the kitchen gnome. It means god of wisdom.

Ben said...

Wow. Another comment from Stacy? She REALLY needs to get a life.
I just thought of a name: Peppermint Pete The Posing Prince Of Provo.
Ha-ZA!
Okay, I'll leave you alone now (:

Unknown said...

That's a gnome? You've obviously never been to Norway, land of gnomes. Did I not take you by the GIGANTIC gnome in the Norway pavilion at Epcot. I didn't? Oh my, what a good excuse for a trip to Florida!