27 November 2008

I be thankful

Today I am thankful for my return to blogging.  You are welcome!

Anywho, with the past few weeks of school and work and life I have suffered from writers block.  NOTHIN!  However, I am going to be victorious and push through it.  Just within the past week alone I have drafted some great posts in my mind, but we will see if they make it.  I find that blogging is like journal writing in the fact that a motivating sequence gets put into place (e.g., priesthood lesson) and you go home with all sorts of motivation to complete the task.  THEN you sit down and try to make up for lost time, become overwhelmed, and set the journal down until next quarters "motivational sequence."  SO I apologize if you don't get to hear about my thoughts on 8, or the "laughing post" and how my professor referred to Dr. Smith's b . . .  (Megan would kill me if I put it) and how much he loves them, and my comparison between the dentist and the I.T. man.  MAYBE if you show me extra love they will come to fruition.

AND being THANKSGIVING I would like to say how thankful I am for family, friends, spontaneous life situations, laughter, freedom, 5 day weekends, learning, a job, safety, conviction, and mostly my beautiful wife and her pregnant belly.  I really am overwhelmed with goodness, love, charity, and opportunity.  I hope all of you have a great day!

OH and not to forget my thankfulness for my little families new Thanksgiving night tradition (compromise is a beautiful thing):

A christmas store

This so happens to be the BEST Christmas movie EVER!  Let me indulge you in a few more screen shots.

tongue

 

 

 

 

 

bunny  leg lamp

red rider

 

Now THIS is what JOY IS!

 

 

 

 

And lastly, I am thankful for finding my yearbook picture from 1970.  It's just the shot that keeps on giving!  HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

1970

6 comments:

Alex said...

Thats a creepy picture but I do still love you, thanks for coming to Dad's funeral it meant a lot!

Krista Que said...

I have already heard the dentist/IT guy comparison. I think I was actually there when the light-bulb went on above your head for that one.

Unknown said...

I'm thankful you found time to post this weekend.

Now that you've got that initial painful return post over with I want the good stuff!

Bethany said...

welcome back.

Elizabeth said...

I would have to disagree with you. I think that the best Christmas movie ever has to be A Muppet's Christmas Carol!

Dayna said...

HEY! I am glad that I get to see your blog! I have been trying to check it for the past couple months and it was blocked (and I haven't seen you guys for a while so I forget to ask you about it!) so YAY!

Keep the posts coming, and also belly shots! I want to see megan's belly! (And you don't have to worry around me....my belly is bigger than hers!)