05 November 2008

And sometimes when we touch, the honesty's too much.

Megan left me today . . . to go tend her sisters five kids for FOUR DAYS!  Brooke goes on an annual girlfriend trip and Dan had the unfortunate experience of placing his legs under the burning shrapnel of an airplane a couple months back so they need Megs help for a little bit. 

Now, I have always been a pretty independent person.  I have been able to take care of myself and I enjoy alone time.  In fact, I think EVERYONE needs a little alone time every now and then.  It is good for the soul.  ANYWHO, Alabama and Nauvoo only enhanced my independence and I figured that I would be fine for a few days . . . I am already bored! . . .  She has been gone for not even an entire day.

My wife is FUN!  I love hanging out with her.  She laughs at my jokes and throws the occasional one herself that usually floors me.  She listens to my endless philosophies about life and makes me feel validated.  She talks to me about what our daughter is doing and keeps me organized.  She is one of my favorite people and she is gone.    

SO, to fill my time be prepared for some random posts.  Just a heads up.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you for your sacrifice. Some day I will do the same for you two so you can go on a cruise or something to escape your bazillion kids.

Bethany said...

let me know if you get too bored. i'll round up my possee and we'll come over and watch a little jnk+8 in memory of the wife that DITCHED us all. kidding megs. i miss you too :(

Andrew said...

we get it greg.. these mushy updates :) haha just kidding!! i think it's wonderful that you love your wife!

Chelsea and Spencer said...

Ohh sad... Greg is alone :( I left Spencie for a few days last month and I think he had a similar experience.

Cheryl said...

brad leaves me for 6 stinkin' days so if you get bored take the long drive and come share your philosophies with me....and i promise to laugh at your jokes (maybe even snort a little) xoxo

Krista Que said...

I, unfortunately, had to witness the departing of the couple. After the seventh embrace my tolerance wore thin.

Meggera said...

I should be your FAVORITE person... Maybe these 4 days will put things into perspective for you... ;)