26 February 2008

Rambling

So there are definite weeks in my life that are not as entertaining as others. You know those weeks. The ones that seem to just roll past with little to boast, cry, or laugh about. Last week was one of those. It may be because for the better part of it was filled with a small clan of mice drilling at my skull from the inside out while I was spitting acid and spending more time than social grace allows in the restroom, but who hasn't been there. Then I started to think (not too hard, it angered the mice), "self, down weeks are kind of nice. They are refreshing, contemplative, and rejuvenating. They are kind of like the precursor to exciting weeks." Then I had this thought, "greg, who are you kidding? You are a walking embarrassment (to either yourself or to your wife who loves you dearly and puts up with all of your craziness) and you are more than likely to always have something in the works to a great life story." That's when I made the resolution. Every night I am going to start reviewing my day and picking at least one aspect from it that has been great. Every day is going to be one of those days that has something good to tell. Now I am not one of those awkwardly flighty and unrealistic people that expects something wonderful and life changing to happen each day. Let's be honest. There are sometimes I am ornery. There are sometimes that I don't want to be funny and optimistic, BUT even on those days great things can happen and I am on a mission to find them and BLOG THEM!
So here is my commitment to you (and when I say you I mean you, but also myself because, sadly, this is the closest I have been to a journal since the mish) I am going to find the great things in life and expound on them. It makes me motivated even thinking about it. I hope that you will also do the same and share with me.
Today's great thing I cannot share because it is not over, BUT I think that is will have to do with the fact that my incredibly hilarious cousin David gets home from the mish today! He has never met the wife. And do you know what is great about that? I think that he will look at her and think, "Man, Greg's wife is HOT!" THAT is great!

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

Hey!....your week held a few moments with Ava and me. I mean come on...giving a bath to your niece wasn't the highlight or me forcing you to play electronic monopoly :)
He He.

The Walkers said...

Oh Greg. I'm glad that someone out there gets my pain. I'm going on 12 days now and I still feel like *$%&@. Last night I spent an hour and a half in the bathroom, but I'll spare you the details. This is wicked stuff. I feel so bad for Jordan, because he keeps wanting to comfort me by rubbing my back or holding me, but I DO NOT want to be touched! Oh boy. I like your idea about finding something positive about each day, so I'm going to try it to. I have lost five pounds. That's good, right?

Unknown said...

Of course he'll think she's HOT!

She's related to me.