17 January 2012

PB Loco

Resolution trashed, but I'm back.

So, you may know that I have this unhealthy addition to Peanut Butter (I capitalized it because I give PB the respect it deserves).  I've come to terms with it, but not enough to fix it.

The other day I was home alone for about an hour so I began reviewing my to-be-viewed DVR'd shows and came across a new episode of UNWRAPPED (an AWESOME show from the Food Network.  It's like a marriage between those fascinating how it's made clips from Mr. Rodgers and FOOD.  Genius) entitled Peanut Butter Bites.  First I gasped then I ran upstairs and made myself a Peanut Butter/Chocolate Dipper in preparation to settle down with no distractions.  The next 22 minutes changed my life.  As Marc Summers was running from factory to factory showing the inside scoop on all things Peanut Butter, I got more and more excited . . . then it happened:  PB Loco!

Marc introduced a restaurant chain known as PB Loco: an ENTIRE cafe/restaurant dedicated to PEANUT BUTTER.  I nearly drooled and even blushed a bit watching them unveil their PB Concoctions.  I DOUBLE DOG DARE YOU to check out the menu.


I'm specifically intrigued by the following menu items:





BACON . . . and PEANUT BUTTER.  Who'd a thought? . . . PB LOCO did!  I could kiss its creator on the mouth!

After already planning my next stop to its founding store in Phoenix, AZ, I did a little further research to discover that PB Loco just couldn't swim the swamp of recession and closed its doors last year. . . I had a moment of silence, but was quickly rejuvenated by the idea of PB LOCO FRIEND DINNER NIGHT!  Read it and weep, the Gregans will be hosting a PB LOCO DINNER NIGHT (details to follow.  You gluten frees are welcome to tag along, we're a GF Friendly household)

Get excited because this is gonna be AWESOME!

5 comments:

Shiv said...

Who'd a thought that PB could be paired with SO many things?!? I'm all for PB and J or PB and Honey, but bacon?!? Not sure about it... That being said - I'm delighted for you to have found such a culinary treasure!

Lamb said...

I love peanut butter.. LOVE!

Cheryl said...

Huh.....I figured with this PB store I could lure you here faster. Grr.

But now I really want a pb/choc dipper with no distractions. Not gonna happen :)

And I'm gonna watch this Unwrapped show. I love the crayons on Mr.R. Never forget it.

Bethany said...

you know me...i'll put PB on anything.

keep me posted on this party.

Krista Que said...

Here is something else to drool over: http://ilovepeanutbutter.com/

I can vouch for it.