21 January 2009

Becoming a REALITY!

So... we officially have the crib set up and in place for Baby Girl Larsen! Every time I walk past her room I stop. I peek my head in and stare at the place that my precious little bundle will rest her little precious little head. We don't have a mattress yet, but we do have a bumper, a baby sized duvet cover, and a little flower pillow sitting in their place ready to complete the look.
It's amazing how quickly the room became something more than "the other room" or "the storage room." I can't wait to complete the room. My goal is to have it finished by the end of January, but I don't know how realistic that really is. Especially since my dream "changing table" is WAY out of the budget! One day... this will be mine!
Remember how Greg and I have stretched the gift cards from our wedding for over a year and a half and still have quite a few left? Well Pottery Barn just so happens to be one of the places that we still have a pretty penny of gift cards to!
This WAS a reality for about 24 hours, until we called our dear friend Matt, who works at Pottery Barn, and he told us that you can't use gift cards and still get the employee discount.
Hopes SHATTERED... Both Greg and I are WAY to logical to think about dipping that far into our savings and splurging on this beautiful piece of furniture. Especially right now.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh sister. Here I am 10 years and 5 babies later and I never have gotten my dream changing table. But keep dreaming.

And saving.

Bethany said...

it is beautiful. we could always print that baby out and frame it...at least then it will be in the room (in spirit).
i'm still convinced we can make something look the way you want it too...we'll keep looking!!

Jessica Adams said...

i wanna see pics of your nursery, Pottery Barn furniture or not!
oh and i also think splurging on Pottery Barn is allowed once in a while... especially when it's something as beautiful as that!

Chad said...

So cute! Hey, I know how you feel. Emma didn't even get a crib, or a room of her own, until she was a year old. And, we've never had a changing table of any sort. Too bad we're all poor, huh? It's no fun.