16 September 2008

This, my friends, is the stuff that real comedy is made of

Okay so a quick update. I have some great posts in mind, but things have been nuts....but when are they not? Megs and I will be moving to Provo within the next two weeks.... I got a wonderful email from my department TWO DAYS before school started informing me that my classes were dropped and I needed to move my classes to Provo if I wanted to be a full time student and not drive to Provo three to five times a week...charity apparently has found a way to "faileth"...
So I have quit my job and we have been looking for a place in Provo....a week after school starts....There really IS a special place reserved in HELL for all landlords in Provo, EXCEPT for this one that we MAY be getting an apartment from. OH BOY has it been a rough, nasty, carpet stained, mystery odor smelling, overly priced "life building" experience, BUT we shall prevail.
In our most frustrated moments my most gorgeous wife put it best..."We're jobless, we're homeless,....and I'm Knocked up.." Pray for us!
In other news things with Megs and our beautiful fetus are FANTASTIC! We have heard the heartbeat twice now and the doc says all is well! Sometime next month we will find out what we are having. We DO want to know what it is. For pete's sakes, I don't want my young virile boy wearing diapers imprinted with fairies and princesses.... planning is CRUCIAL and I will wait for falling stock prices or global warming to give me those "precious life moments of surprise" Words to live by: Technology, use it before it uses you....and it will.
Dan is doing great! He is able to transfer to a wheel chair mush easier now and even went to work for a bit today. It looks like it will be a full recovery. My only issue is that once he is feeling better our coming over to bum free Wi-Fi looks mighty conspicuous. Just kidding. We love you guys!
Classes in Provo are great, but BUSY! I have done two to three times the work OUT of class than I do INSIDE and I am not kidding. With all this time spent on my laptop we are thankful that we got at least ONE child on its way. OI VAY!
BYU is nice, but very....Mormon. You know, and everyone is so pretty. I miss my days of grungy UofU when I walked into class with sweats, a baseball cap, and slippers and I felt overly prepared. At BYU I feel that I missed the part of the Honor Code (which I appreciate) that states I must wear Abercrombie & Fitch and pump iron for two hours each day. I am so thankful that I am married. I love you Megan!
Okay I have a lot more to talk about, but I am told that long and exhausting posts don't get read SOOO I am just going to leave you with this last bit of JOY! This is BRILLIANT and I wish my life was full of more moments such as this....Enjoy!

5 comments:

Cheryl said...

homeless, jobless, and knocked up!! I'm going to make you a saying to put over your threshold of your new apartment. I know I shouldn't be laughing about it but the way you put it made me laugh..but in hope and prayer for you two. Love you! xoxo

Bethany said...

move to provo....move to provo...move to provo....you'll get the apartment...you'll get the apartment....
good vibes sent. done.

Bethany said...

and ps...the landlord never called. my name must have been reference enough...which at this point i'm realizing could be a good or bad thing. :)

Bethany said...

what!??! no post on the apt yet? get on it!!!

Unknown said...

Free wi-fi is your anytime you want. We're just glad to have you around, especially now that we'll be seeing much less of you.