29 April 2009

Oh Dorothy . . .

I really do have good posts in the making, but to hold you over I will let you in on a little secret . . . . maybe the Golden Girls makes me laugh and maybe I can quote some parts of some episodes and maybe I know all the words to the rarely aired, extended version of the opening credits . . .

So What?  Wanna fight?

Until then, let us all give a moment of silence to the recent passing of a comedic giant (literally), Bea Arthur.

Here’s to you Dorothy.  You will be missed.

bea-arthur-hot

AND NO (because I am sure you are asking yourself), I am not ashamed to admit it. I am quite confident that admitting my affection for the Golden Girls AND keeping my Man Card can be accomplished.


"And if you threw a par-tae, i-i-invited everyone you kneeeew, you would see the biggest gift would be from me and the card attached would say 'Thank You for being a frieeeeend!'" (This is for you BEF!)


I feel like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders.

7 comments:

Cherie said...

Oh she died? sad!! I LOVE golden girls too, My favorite is Rose. I remember one episode where Rue McClanahans daughter was in town and she was pregnant and she was like, "I cry about everything, the other day I cried cause the mail was late." and Rose said, "Your mail was LATE?!?!?" like she was about to cry. It isn't funny to type it but it was really funny to watch...

Danelle and Alex said...

I love that show too! Its so funny!

mrs_stailey said...

I love that show! I was just watching it last night! And that's when I found out about her death. She is an amazing actress, they just don't make them like her anymore!

Cherie said...

GUESS WHAT? we are going to be in town next weekend (we just decided yesterday) so on our way in Saturday can we stop and see you 3??

Wood Fam said...

I agree, there's no shame in liking the Golden Girls. i grew up watching that show with my mom and dad. We also love the show. Those ladies are hilarious. Rose was always my favorite.

The Oxford American said...

Hi Greg,

(this has nothing to do with beautiful Bea)

I'm trying to find out more about the ice cream truck image you posted a little while back. I commented on the picture, but thought you might not check comments on older posts.

Basically, we'd like to publish the image in the magazine and would like to know where you found it.

Best!

Bethany said...

Am I bef?? If I am, thank you thank you...