21 April 2009

a few of my favorite things..

As I was gazing out the window today, I became so thankful that Spring is finally here. It warms my heart and awakens my soul from the cold winter. I became extremely thankful for so many things.. and here they are, a few of my favorite things:

  • Napping with my precious baby girl, while the sun flows through the window and warms her face
  • Close hugs from my husband. I missed these while I was largely pregnant.
  • SPRING... The blossoming trees, singing birds, shining sun, and overall smell is intoxicating and so good for my soul.
  • Apples with peanut butter and honey..try it, you will never be the same!
  • A great haircut. I love running my fingers through my hair after it has been trimmed, conditioned, and cared for.
  • LAUGHING..I LOVE to laugh, it can heal almost any wound.
  • Chewing spearmint gum and drinking a large glass of cold water
  • Planting flowers with my Mom in her garden. I haven't done this in years, and I truly miss bonding with her through gardening. My favorite way to get a tan is by working in the yard.
  • Game nights! I love to play games and am always up for them, even at 1 o'clock in the morning!
  • MUSIC... I love music in almost all forms. I want to have an Ipod doc in every room of my house one day. Music is my language of choice.. All memories have a song to go along with them. When I hear a song I know exactly what grade I was in, what season it was, who my crush was, etc. .. it is an immediate blast from the past!

"It's spring fever. That is what the name of it is. And when you've got it, you want - oh, you don't quite know what it is you do want, but it just fairly makes your heart ache, you want it so!" ~Mark Twain

This quote explains Spring perfectly to me, you can never really explain the excitement and anticipation, but it is absolutely real and very tangible. Happy Spring! I hope you enjoy this season as much as I do!

4 comments:

mrs_stailey said...

Megan, I totally agree with you on the music thing. Isn't it funny how any song can just take you back like that?

And your little girl is just the cutest thing I have ever seen! You guys are adorable!

BTW... I work with Greg at PSI. Just in case you didn't know who I was!

Bethany said...

i love when megan posts!!!! so glad spring is here. love walks. love sunshine. love mario kart parties. love cookies. love lunch talks. love the sugar shack. love that i get to be your neighbor.

Cherie said...

Megan, thank you for posting this. This is why I have started the things to love on our blog because I sit and think of all these little things that bring my spirits up. Even just remembering a good time puts me in higher spirits. I really liked every one that you came up with!

Anonymous said...

I loved your list! I look at your blog occasionally and the quote you posted really summed up some things I've been feeling recently. It's like I'm inspired to do something, but I don't care what it is. Crazy.

**Also- we met once a long long time ago. I used to work with Greg.

Anyways.. Thanks. Loved the list.