04 December 2009

What DREAMS may come..

I am a vivid dreamer. Everything is VERY real in my dreams. Sometimes they are wonderful and happy, other times they are so sad and heart-wrenching, that I wake up crying. This morning was one of the latter experiences.

I dreamt that one of my dearest friends died and that I was at the funeral, sitting int the foyer, and an absolute mess. For some reason I was not in the congregation, I was wandering around the church aimlessly, (might I add that it was the coolest church I have ever been in! Soo many secrets and winding staircases.) listening to the service being projected from some imaginary speaker that followed me everywhere. As I roamed a million memories came back of this person. Of the way the have changed my life and helped to make me the person that I am today. Sadness set in as I realized that marriage, schooling, and careers have made it harder to not be as close or build as many memories. The heartbreak was so real that when I finally awoke I had to text them just to make sure they were alright and knew just how much I love them.

As I sat there, waiting for a reply, I was overcome by joy and gratitude that there are still chances for me to continue our relationship and build memories in this life. Fortunate for me, I love their spouse also and couldn't be more thankful for how eternally happy they have made my dear friend. It has me reflecting upon ALL of my loved ones today. I am forever grateful for the memories, the lessons, and the way you have changed my life for the better!

No comments: