23 July 2009

You Decide!

A month and a half ago when I was finishing up the Spring semester.  Not only was I battling finals, but I was also battling the idea that I needed a break.  I needed a break and I needed it now. . . and I got it.  This past 6 weeks has been wonderfully relaxing and refreshingly distracting.  I have been able to sleep in and dink around in the mornings, even enjoying a little early SpongeBob with Em.  I have been able to get excited about our trip to Nauvoo next week and then camping and Sun Valley in the following weeks.  It has been nice not to think about school and homework and groups and pressing deadlines and professors and all the other craziness that comes with the business program.  I feel relatively at ease and I have been able to really let my mind relax.

HOWEVER (life ALWAYS seems to deal you a HOWEVER), I have REALLY allowed my mind to relax.  So much so that I have really not put that much effort into planning out the rest of my professional life.  I have not thought much about school, my LAST semester, an internship, or (the BIG one) a career.  Let’s face it, a business degree is a good degree, but a very VAGUE degree.  I am READY to succeed in something wonderful and exhilarating, but what EXACTLY I cannot quite pinpoint.

SO, here is where you step in:  HELP ME OUT!  Spread the love people and lay down your opinions!  WHAT SHOULD GREG BE WHEN HE GROWS UP?

Let me give you a little guidance:

  • I enjoy people.  I need to work WITH, AROUND, and FOR people.  No desk slave here!
  • I love organization and being busy.  And I’m good at it.
  • I would appreciate a creativity allowance.  You know, being fun and fresh.
  • I really would like a job where I feel I am positively affecting the lives of others.

So there you have it.  Go crazy and give me all you got.  I am throwing myself at you and would appreciate anything you are willing to give

Ready, Set, GO!

7 comments:

Shiv said...

Hey, when you figure out what you want to be, or where you're going, let me know. I wish I had something brilliant for you to do - but I know whatever you find yourself doing, you will be amazing at it!

Cheryl said...

this is too scary to comment on what you want to be. im still trying to figure it out myself! how bout you give me some options and then i could pick but leaving it open is too much for my little brain to handle.

Krista Que said...

I think you would be a great Manager Boy. 'Nough said.

Krista Que said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Krista Que said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lamb said...

I think you should start your own company that deals with eco-friendly toys! Or just anything eco-friendly because that is what sells nowadays... crazy hippies... This way you can use your business degree and also your creativity and since you would own the company you would have plenty of flexibility... think about it.

Bethany said...

desk slave??? thank you for that...