19 December 2011

BRING IT!

You know when you were a kid and it was getting close to your birthday or Christmas and life took on a surreal, head-in-the-clouds kinda feeling?  You know, when it seemed like everything else around you didn’t matter and all you could focus on was the big day at hand?  I do, but this year it only has a little to do with Christmas and a LOT to do with the the 28th. . . the day my newest Little Lady will be born!

Almost from the day we were married I told Megan on a regular basis that I was destined to father a group of girls.  I like girls.  I can handle girls (I know, I know. I say that now . . . ) I know girls and it would be my honor to father all girls.  In fact (and I hesitantly admit this), a while back I was changing my nephews diaper and was really taken back with what was staring back at me.  Now what on the earth do I do with THAT!?  Then I calmed down and remembered that I had about 28 years experience with such objects and all was well, but my momentary panic really threw me for a loop.  (my Little Man, IF you are out there, don’t you worry, we’ll figure it out just fine.) 

But really, can you blame me? I am infatuated with my Little Lady. 

Emmalee

I am sorry to have to break it to you, but she is the most beautiful, intelligent, charismatic, caring, talented, witty, funny, busy little lady I’ve ever met.  About 6 or 7 times a day I think about stealing her, but then I realize that SHE IS ALREADY MINE!  I can’t believe how blessed of a man I am.

So here’s to you, Olivia Mae, you may now join the likes of your big sister and wrap your father tight around your little finger.

I’M SO EXCITED!

3 comments:

Shiv said...

I am sure little Miss Olivia Mae will be just as delightful as her big sister Emmalee!!

Hannah White said...

Too cute of a post Gregory.
We are super excited for you, Megs, & Emmalee to get to meet Miss Olivia Mae.
Can't wait to meet her myself!
Love me those babies straight from heaven I do!

Jen said...

I am so excited for you guys! And SO happy to see Meg staying true to our "Mae" promise. Olivia Mae is my all time favorite name! Hope everything goes smoothly!