12 November 2009

Like Mother Like Daughter.

Dear Mother Dearest,
The day has come when I fully understand what you refer to as, "a few moments of peace and quiet." Today while trying to use the restroom by myself, my little lady followed me from her bedroom to the bathroom. I shut the door on her, for the first time since she was born. She proceeded to talk and jabber at me through the door. So very many memories came back of me doing the exact same thing to you while you tried very patiently to obtain a few moments of peace and quiet. My dreamlike state was broken through when I realized that her jabbering turned into very upset "yelling" and crying. She was mad that I dare shut her out of my life, even if for just a few moments; and then I realized... I now understood how you felt and what you meant by "please, just let me have a few moments of peace and quiet." I apologize for the countless times I have followed you into your bathroom and continued jabbering on while you patiently listened as I interrupted your quiet time. I also apologize in advance for ever doing it again... I will try to refrain. I do have a confession though, I receive much joy from knowing that there is a possibility that my little lady will love and look up to me the way that I do to you! I hope to be so lucky!

To Eternity and Beyond,

Your Baby Girl






3 comments:

Bethany said...

i'm loving it, and secretly i got chills when i read this. you should blog more often. :)

Mary Martha said...

that's awesome mother daughter bonds are the best.

Unknown said...

That made me cry sister.